LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview Excel Search data in one column and send back data from the second!

Hello,

I am still very new with using LABVIEW and I have a issue. I am using an excel worksheet with two columns and four rows. In one column I have  barcode numbers and in the second I have which sequence tests that the particular barcode has with it. I have it where I get the barcode scanned but what I need help with is having Labview search the excel sheet for a match on the Barcode (From column one) and return back the related test sequence that goes with it ( From Column two). Any suggestions???

Joe

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,382 Views)

Thank you for you quick response! I was reading through the discussion you sent me however I need to search for a cell in one cell to determine what cell to read from in the other column. I attached what I have done thus far! I also attached the excel sheet that I am reading from. I search column B for the Barcode and need to send back its corresponding cell in Column C! I can get the program to find the barcode in column B in the excel sheet but I can't get it to show the the corresponding cell in Column C! Any and all help will be appreciated!

Joe

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,348 Views)

You forgot the attachment

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,346 Views)

Sorry!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,341 Views)

This is from memory but I think that to use the vlookup function the value you search has to be in the first column. Try swapping columns A and B. Note that the first row and columns seem useles since they are just replicating the row and column headers, you could probably delete them.

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,334 Views)

Your vi is suffering from a lot of issues, to begin with first put a wait function in the while loop so it doesn't run as fast as possible. You should also have a look at the state machine architecture. Finally, you should open Excel once when you start the vi and quit Excel only when you stop your vi.

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,331 Views)