LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview Driver for AWG2021

I've downloaded the CVI/Labwindows driver for the Tektronix AWG2021 and tried to import it into LabView with Tools->Instrumentation->Import CVI Instrument Driver.  The VIs are all created fine but don't work because the library file tkwg20xx_32.dll is missing.  Is this file just missing from the download?  How can I get it?  Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,134 Views)
The dll doesn't seem to be there. Some of the very old LabWindows/CVI drivers never had a dll created from them. Have you tried the LabVIEW driver?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,125 Views)
I missed that driver on the NI website but had basically the same library for LabView 6 from Tektronix.  It sort of works but the CVI/Labwindows driver had a few more VIs that I was specifically interested in.  Is there enough info in the CVI driver to compile the dll?  Is there some way I can just compile the C file myself or do I need CVI/Labwindows?  Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,119 Views)
I think you can compile the dll without CVI. You have the .c and .h files and LabWindows is ANSI C. You might want to look at other dependencies to see if you need any other lib. You could also ask someone on the CVI forum to create it for you. I have LabWindows but not on this computer. If I have time and can get to the pc where I have CVI, I might give it a shot but I can't promise anything.
Message 4 of 6
(3,116 Views)
Thanks.  It looks like it needs "visa.h" file that I don't have.  I'll take your advice and see if someone on the CVI forum can help. 
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,112 Views)
Someone on the CVI forum gave me the dll.  Thanks again.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,094 Views)