LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview DSC Hypertrend to display data from spreadsheet?

I am currently evaluating Labview and the DSC Module.  My current task is to have a program that will allow the user (me) to be prompted with a dialog box and to point to a tab separated value .txt file and display the various data in the columns onto a hypertrend that can be zoomed and panned and to show/hide data.  The data to be viewed is temperature and pressure readings at 10 second intervals timestamped in the .txt file.  If anyone can point me in the direction of documentation that covers this material I would be stoked.  Or maybe someone could tell me straight up how to do it.  If any further info is required let me know.  Thanks.

-Orion

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,083 Views)

Hi Orion,

This is a very general description of your problem. Please be more sepcific about which aspects of LabView you have issues with and what you have done so far to design your VIs.

Ipshita 

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
Message 2 of 8
(3,063 Views)
I am so far unable to take a spreadsheet file in the form of a .txt file and display it as a graph or trend.  My first column in the spreadsheet is a timestamp, I want that to be the x axis.  The other columns are the temperature and pressure data that I would like to view, they should be plotted along the y axis, and together they that data should resemble several waveforms.  On top of that I want to be able to zoom pan through time and to show and hide the different plots at my discretion.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,059 Views)

Hi Orion,

You need to use a Read Spreadsheet function with a Build Array and a Waveform chart indicator. You can look at the examples in the LabView example finder and you will find several demonstrations of these. Also, these are all LabView questions and should be posted in the LabView forum. Please put your next post there and likn this post so that the forum members have the background for your issue. 

Ipshita C.

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,036 Views)
I am sorry, I thought that it was a DSC specific thing because Hypertrend was a DSC exclusive function.  I have searched through all of the examples, but my problem remains.  None of the examples show the ability to zoom, pan and show/hide except the Hypertrend.  And my problem seems to be taking a spreadsheet, and converting it to something that the Hypertrend can read and display.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,030 Views)

Hi Orion,

The NI Hypertrend is an ActiveX object and it takes channel/trace data which is directly from the Citadel database. Once you are putting it in a spreadsheet it becomes static and the hypertrend is not configured to read that--if you right-click on your hypertrend object in the front panel you can access the help for it and there you will see 'How do I". Go over the portion that says 'Read in a channel or trace'. That is the procedure for reading data into Hypertrend--so you will have to use a Citadel trace or channel object directly. I hope that helps.

Ipshita C.

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,020 Views)

Is this the "How do I" you were talking about?  I believe that is just for grabbing traces that are already on the citadel.  Correct me if I am wrong though.  I didn't see an option to "Read in a channel or trace."  Thanks for your time.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,016 Views)

Yes.

Ipshita C.

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,995 Views)