LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview DCS Module Tag Monitor Shows Server Failure when trying to read values from MOP OPC

I am using a 3rd party OPC server (MOP) for my labview DCS application. I have created an analog tag using the tag configuration editor to read the tag values from the MOP server. The configuration editor sees the MOP server and I am able to select the desired tag from the list provided by MOP when defining the tag. I can connect to the MOP server and see the updating values using Server Explorer. The tag monitor shows a "Server Failure" status and displays 0 for a value. What am I missing?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,315 Views)

Since server explorer works, your DCOM settings should be fine. I still want to know if the server and the client are in the same computer (if not, are they on the same domain). Also, can you get updated tag values using Front Panel Datasocket Connection? <http://zone.ni.com/devzone/conceptd.nsf/webmain/ab02af4396dcdf6186256be3006970dc>

Regards,

Prashanth

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,307 Views)
The server and client are on different computers on the same domain. The front panel datasocket connection does not update values and datasocket LED is red.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,288 Views)
Where did you obtain your OPC Server from? As in who is the manufacturer?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,274 Views)

please, can i help for DCS Module how to setup in labview

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,309 Views)