Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview Community 2020 Edition Activation

Solved!
Go to solution

@ElioTx wrote:

Should it show up here? 

ElioTx_0-1592751652269.png

Yes, you should be able to right-click on "Community Edition" there and choose either deactivate or reactivate.  I take it that you have no such choices?  😞

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 41 of 123
(2,236 Views)

You are correct. I am not seeing the button to de-activate. 

0 Kudos
Message 42 of 123
(2,230 Views)

@ElioTx wrote:

You are correct. I am not seeing the button to de-activate. 

I am sorry, but I am out of ideas.  I wish I could help more.  😞

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
0 Kudos
Message 43 of 123
(2,219 Views)

I followed the approaches that worked for other users here but I was unable to get it to activate.

1. I logged in

2. Went to My Products

3. Downloaded the LabView Community Edition from the link in the drop down

2020-11-17 16_15_49-My Products - National Instruments.png

4. Installed

5. Activated... well... at least I tried to do so.

Apparently in the NI License Manager it does not list the Community Edition under LabVIEW 2020.

2020-11-17 16_16_48-NI License Manager 4.6.png

You may notice the suspicious lack of Community Edition in that list.  How do I fix this?  I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice.  This is on a PC that has never had any NI software installed on it previously.

0 Kudos
Message 44 of 123
(2,072 Views)

I also can't find a way to activate LV2020CE. I looked in my products and it says No serial number, I only have 6 days left on evaluation of 7 days total. I really want to get some time in on deciding if I want to buy this but I have to say I can't begin to get up to NOVICE level in 7 days. I really hate the thought of going back to straight C# in VS because this looks like a time saver. I was logged in to download, had to be to get the download to run.

0 Kudos
Message 45 of 123
(2,000 Views)

I used Lab Windows in the 1990's and our organization moved away from all NI products. I'm starting to understand why all over again. I guess straight TCP/IP in VS C# is where we will go. We have a lot of custom hardware to manage any way. Thanks for the support, such that it is.

0 Kudos
Message 46 of 123
(1,980 Views)

Hi CodeDog, 

Can you tell me if you're trying to activate LabVIEW Community Edition for Mac, Linux, or Windows?

Thanks,

Mackenzie

0 Kudos
Message 47 of 123
(1,928 Views)

Hi, Ms. Mackenzie - thanks for responding to my cry for help!  I am also unsuccessful at activating my LabVIEW CE, and I was upgrading from LV CE 2020 (on Windows).

I made sure to use the same account to activate as I did to download.

I've seen Linux users having issues as well.  I remember when LV 2020 CE first came out, many people - myself included - had activation issues.  I hope you can help us again.  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 48 of 123
(1,926 Views)

@CodeDog wrote:

I also can't find a way to activate LV2020CE. I looked in my products and it says No serial number, I only have 6 days left on evaluation of 7 days total. I really want to get some time in on deciding if I want to buy this but I have to say I can't begin to get up to NOVICE level in 7 days. I really hate the thought of going back to straight C# in VS because this looks like a time saver. I was logged in to download, had to be to get the download to run.

LabVIEW CE is FREE.  I hope it's not too much of a burden to bear if you end up not liking it.  😉

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 49 of 123
(1,923 Views)

Hey, I noticed in my License App, the two toolkits got "left behind"; that is, they are still listed under LV 2020.  Would that be something that would affect the activation?  Or, because they are toolkits, it shouldn't matter?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 50 of 123
(1,893 Views)