From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview Community 2020 Edition Activation

Solved!
Go to solution

@ElioTx wrote:

Should it show up here? 

ElioTx_0-1592751652269.png

Yes, you should be able to right-click on "Community Edition" there and choose either deactivate or reactivate.  I take it that you have no such choices?  😞

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 41 of 123
(2,265 Views)

You are correct. I am not seeing the button to de-activate. 

0 Kudos
Message 42 of 123
(2,259 Views)

@ElioTx wrote:

You are correct. I am not seeing the button to de-activate. 

I am sorry, but I am out of ideas.  I wish I could help more.  😞

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
0 Kudos
Message 43 of 123
(2,248 Views)

I followed the approaches that worked for other users here but I was unable to get it to activate.

1. I logged in

2. Went to My Products

3. Downloaded the LabView Community Edition from the link in the drop down

2020-11-17 16_15_49-My Products - National Instruments.png

4. Installed

5. Activated... well... at least I tried to do so.

Apparently in the NI License Manager it does not list the Community Edition under LabVIEW 2020.

2020-11-17 16_16_48-NI License Manager 4.6.png

You may notice the suspicious lack of Community Edition in that list.  How do I fix this?  I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice.  This is on a PC that has never had any NI software installed on it previously.

0 Kudos
Message 44 of 123
(2,101 Views)

I also can't find a way to activate LV2020CE. I looked in my products and it says No serial number, I only have 6 days left on evaluation of 7 days total. I really want to get some time in on deciding if I want to buy this but I have to say I can't begin to get up to NOVICE level in 7 days. I really hate the thought of going back to straight C# in VS because this looks like a time saver. I was logged in to download, had to be to get the download to run.

0 Kudos
Message 45 of 123
(2,029 Views)

I used Lab Windows in the 1990's and our organization moved away from all NI products. I'm starting to understand why all over again. I guess straight TCP/IP in VS C# is where we will go. We have a lot of custom hardware to manage any way. Thanks for the support, such that it is.

0 Kudos
Message 46 of 123
(2,009 Views)

Hi CodeDog, 

Can you tell me if you're trying to activate LabVIEW Community Edition for Mac, Linux, or Windows?

Thanks,

Mackenzie

0 Kudos
Message 47 of 123
(1,957 Views)

Hi, Ms. Mackenzie - thanks for responding to my cry for help!  I am also unsuccessful at activating my LabVIEW CE, and I was upgrading from LV CE 2020 (on Windows).

I made sure to use the same account to activate as I did to download.

I've seen Linux users having issues as well.  I remember when LV 2020 CE first came out, many people - myself included - had activation issues.  I hope you can help us again.  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 48 of 123
(1,955 Views)

@CodeDog wrote:

I also can't find a way to activate LV2020CE. I looked in my products and it says No serial number, I only have 6 days left on evaluation of 7 days total. I really want to get some time in on deciding if I want to buy this but I have to say I can't begin to get up to NOVICE level in 7 days. I really hate the thought of going back to straight C# in VS because this looks like a time saver. I was logged in to download, had to be to get the download to run.

LabVIEW CE is FREE.  I hope it's not too much of a burden to bear if you end up not liking it.  😉

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 49 of 123
(1,952 Views)

Hey, I noticed in my License App, the two toolkits got "left behind"; that is, they are still listed under LV 2020.  Would that be something that would affect the activation?  Or, because they are toolkits, it shouldn't matter?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 50 of 123
(1,922 Views)