LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview - 95.4% onfidence Level - Array

Hello Guys,

For a project, I'm doing a VI that lets the user choose between 3 sets of data and then analyse the data.

The data analysis includes:

- Number of Samples

- Standart Deviation

- Standard Error of the Mean

- Histogram of Rice and Sturges Rule

But I'm still missing one last parameter: "measured value to within 95.4% confidence interval"

I tried to search for VI's from Labview that could retrieve this data, and tried to use the "Fit Intervals" VI's, but they doesn't seem to give me what I want/need.

Could any of you teach me how could I solve this? I'm guessing is more of a statistics problem than a modelling problem, but I'm not sure if there's already a VI in library which can do this, i've been searching, and couldn't find any!

The VI's and Project is here:

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,652 Views)

Do you know anything about Statistics and Probability Theory?  Do you know what a Normal Distribution is?  What does "Mean" and "Standard Deviation" mean, particularly with respect to the Normal Distribution?  Where does 95.4% come from?  Figure this out and you can solve your problem yourself.

Bob Schor

Message 2 of 6
(2,633 Views)

For some background I'd check out: Overview of Curve Fitting Models and Methods in LabVIEW

In the "Fit Intervals" VI's you reference, the region between the upper and lower confidence bounds is the confidence interval.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,602 Views)

Thank you for both of your fast answers.

Yes, I have knowledge of statistics and Math's. I'm just not beeing capable of integrating that to calculate the Confidence Interval. I've only been using LabView for less than 1 month, so things are not that fluid for me still.

My, biggest doubt is how do I get to calculate/program to calculate the Z, or so, because all the other variables I already have them (mean, std deviation)

I tried to use the Fit Intervals VI, but I don't know what/how to plug the "X" and "Y". I tried to plug the number of samples on the Y and the 1D array of data in the X, but it didn't worked, as the Y also requires an array of data

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,583 Views)

Here's a question -- how much of the Normal Distribution lies within 2 standard deviations of the mean?

Bob Schor

Message 5 of 6
(2,569 Views)

Thank you guys, got it to work!

To whoever struggling with the same, here's the VI

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,538 Views)