From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 8 exe does not work

I have a Labview 8 application (exe) which works fine on a PC with the Labview 8 development environment  installed on but not on a PC with only the Labview 8 runtime. The error is telling about some missing subvi's. It seems to me that the builder is not including all dependent subvi's automatically.
Does anyone know a (easy) work around for this problem (besides moving back to Labview 7.0 were I never had this kind of problems)?

Thanks!!

See also screenshot with error list.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,407 Views)
After a lot of experiments with the application builder, I finally found a solution: installation of the Math Kernel Libraries on the target PC resolved the problem.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,403 Views)
Hi Bewin,

I was going to respond earlier, but was drawn away from this answer for different reasons, however as you stated the Math Kernel does not get installed with the LV 8.0 run-time engine, as this is a cut down version.

To install the full version, then you need to look at this page you will need the 84MB file, as this gives you all feature of the LV 8.0 Run-time engine.

Hope this explains the error you were seeing.
Regards
JamesC
NIUK and Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,394 Views)
Hi JamesC,

Thanks for the link to the full version of the LV8 RTE.
This works also.

Best regards.

BeWin
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,381 Views)