LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 8.6 fatal crash when clicking broken run arrow to list errors.

If this is a memory allocation issue is it possible that the large control could cause the problem as well as fix it? If the memory gets assigned in chunks, that large control could push you near the limit and cause the error or if the error is already present, adding the control exceeds the limit, forces more memory allocation and fixes the error? If you put two big cluster controls does that also fix the problem? Just a guess...
Message 21 of 33
(3,363 Views)

Regarding my case, I ran the same VI (the one that causes the crash) in my laptop and the error list appeared normally. In my laptop I don't have DAQmx so i had a lot of errors and no crash ocurred.

I don't know the specs of the PXI where I'm running the VI. I'll have it on Monday and i'll try the "magic control".

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 33
(3,356 Views)

I also experience this bug and my VI is fairly big.

I added the Big Cluster control and it does seem to mitigate it.

Just wanted to note that I experience too.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 33
(3,247 Views)

Hi Mattvx. This problem is driving me crazy but thanks for suggesting using two big clusters. It works !!

Hope the problem is resolved permanently and very soon but at least I can debug my code for now.

Many thanks.

Lee

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 33
(3,224 Views)

Thank goodness for finding this on forum.  This bug has been killing us the past 3 weeks.   Working with LabVIEW has been an extremely fragile process with this bug.  I tried one and two "magic controls".  It didn't help.  Now we three of them, it seems to be working.  (Knock on wood).

Dear NI, this MUST be fixed in the next release.

Best Regards,

Carsten

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 33
(3,171 Views)

Hi Carsten,

I hope, just like you do, that this will be fixed with the next release.

Warm regards,
Karunya R
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 33
(3,108 Views)

A few days ago I downgraded from 8.6 to 8.5.1 in hopes that the problem would go away.  It did, for 3 days.  Tonight, it reared its ugly head again. I have tried mass compiling and it does not help.  I haven't tried the Magic Controls" yet on 8.5.1, their success is shaky and flaky on 8.6.  And they add huge long lists to your controls list when editing the event structure.

NI Denmark tested my code a couple of days ago in 8.6.1 Beta  and it ran OK there. Unfortunately, the problem for me is somewhat erratic both on 8.6 and 8.5.1 , so I need to know if NI Engineering has proactively done something about this in 8.6.1.

I can see the from the release notes that it at least goes back to 8.2.1. 

It's a total showstopper. 

Carsten

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 33
(3,011 Views)

Carsten Thomsen wrote:

A few days ago I downgraded from 8.6 to 8.5.1 in hopes that the problem would go away.  It did, for 3 days.  Tonight, it reared its ugly head again. I have tried mass compiling and it does not help.  I haven't tried the Magic Controls" yet on 8.5.1, their success is shaky and flaky on 8.6.  And they add huge long lists to your controls list when editing the event structure.

NI Denmark tested my code a couple of days ago in 8.6.1 Beta  and it ran OK there. Unfortunately, the problem for me is somewhat erratic both on 8.6 and 8.5.1 , so I need to know if NI Engineering has proactively done something about this in 8.6.1.

I can see the from the release notes that it at least goes back to 8.2.1. 

It's a total showstopper. 

Carsten

Hi Carsten,

I asked NI support if it was due to be fixed in the next release and they said;

"CAR #123406 [this problem] is documented as being fixed in LV 8.6.1 although unfortunately I am unable to say when this version will be released. When this version is released, the bug fixes are documented in the readme file. I would recommend checking the readme for this CAR ID for confirmation of the fix."

The only other question (hopefully) is when is 8.6.1 arriving??

Jonathan

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 33
(2,966 Views)
I just wanted to let everyone know that 8.6.1 does fix this problem. I just tried it and it doesn't crash anymore. Yay!
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 33
(2,816 Views)

Hi everyone,

The LabVIEW 8.6.1 Bug fixes lists all the bugs that were fixed for this release.  As you can see, the CAR 123406 is listed there. You are welcome to also take a look at the readme file to see if there are any other bugs that you have filed for. 

Warm regards,
Karunya R
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 33
(2,797 Views)