LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 8.5 error on save: "Cannot load help information of [filename]."

I will give this a shot the next time it happens.

Thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 23
(2,539 Views)

Thank you, Marti! That worked well for me, and saved me a few hours of work.

Brad

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 23
(2,464 Views)

Thanks Marti!  

I had the same issue in Labview 2010, and copying the file from the recovered files directory fixed it.

Whew.  Must remember to save more often.

--

Ro ma wa ichi ni chi ni shi te na ra zu
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 23
(2,284 Views)

But what are the causes of this.  I have a VI that is repeatably doing it.  I have tried copying and pasting the block diagram and that fixes the problem for a while but it always comes back!!Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 23
(2,214 Views)

Same problem. Lost 2 hours of work after opening the crashed VI. Why don't they find a proper solution???

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 23
(2,196 Views)

Hey

Even i faced the same problem with 2010 version , where after an internal crash i could neither save nor copy (select all) to another file.But then in my case i felt it was an express VI that caused the problem . So i just removed nly those three express VI's present in the whole program,then gav (select all-copy -newfile)everything went perfect.This actually saved me the effort of coding it all again.I lator pasted those VI's separately into the new file.Hope this might be useful to someone 

Namitha

Message 16 of 23
(2,176 Views)

On LabVIEW 2011, I tried removing the express VIs as suggested. It allowed me to save, without having to copy-paste to a new file. It points towards an issue with the recovery of express VIs.In my case, I were using a DAQ Assistant express VI within a loop.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 23
(2,034 Views)

Yes!!!!

I had one express vi in my code (time delay - very uncommon, I'm sure not many are using it).  I deleted it from the recovered block diagram and WHAMMO I can save again!  Thanks for the tip!

BTW:

LV2012

Win7(x64) Build 7601 service pack 1

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 23
(1,791 Views)

I had the same error, luckily I tried to save straight after adding a display message to user express VI, I just removed it and the error went away.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 23
(1,656 Views)

For information:
I just encountered this in LV2011.

I'd restored a paused Virtual environment, and the path to a few VIs was actually through a shared pipe to the host drive. Upon restoring the virtualised OS the shared resource wasn't available, and hence to LabVIEW it had appeared that suddenly these VIs were missing. Their entire file path was unavailable.

Upon restoring the path to their location they recovered without a problem.

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 23
(1,608 Views)