LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 8.2.1 Runtime Engine alternative for Windows 10

Hi,

I'm currently trying to modernize a work computer that used to run a VM with Windows XP SP2. This week I was asked if we could remove de VM and just run the current applications in Windows 10 directly. While everything was doing fine, I got to an application that ran with LabView 8.2.1 (or compatible).

I know, from the LabView combability chart, that 8.2 will not work on Windows 10. So my questions are: should I be able to run the application with the newest version of LabView Runtime Engine. If not, is there a way to remedy to my current situation? And Finally, what does it refer to by "compatible"?

Thank you for the time

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,849 Views)

@Mickey212 wrote:

I know, from the LabView combability chart, that 8.2 will not work on Windows 10.

The proper term should be "supported".  I do have LabVIEW 8.2 on my Windows 10 machine, but I only use it to convert from really old code.

@Mickey212 wrote:

should I be able to run the application with the newest version of LabView Runtime Engine. If not, is there a way to remedy to my current situation?

Executables that were build with LabVIEW 8.2 will not run in any newer RTE.  That was a new feature with LabVIEW 2017, and it has to be enabled.  So you really need to update your code to use the latest version of LabVIEW so you can use the latest RTE.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 2
(2,834 Views)