LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 8 .0 signal processing toolkit wavelet analysis

Hi,

I am using Labview 8.0 and advanced signal processing toolkit. My problem is about wavelet analysis.When I used 'WA Analytic Wavelet Transform.vi' in my application, I saw that there is a pasword protected vi which is 'WA Calculate Frequency Window' . This vi is in the ''WA Analytic Wavelet Transform(array).vi'.  I want to know how it is calculating frequency window. Also I want to know the therotical base of 'WA Analytic Wavelet Transform.vi' . What is the formula that this vi uses? I will appreciate with your help,

Thanks

Serkan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,683 Views)

Hi Serkan,

The best source of info for this VI can be found here:  WA Analytic Wavelet Transform VI--LabVIEW 8.6 Advanced Signal Processing Toolkit Help

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,665 Views)

Hi Kyle,

I have already kooked 'WA Analytic Wavelet Transform VI--LabVIEW 8.6 Advanced Signal Processing Toolkit Help'. But my question is about 'WA Calculate Frequency Window'. When I try to open block diagram of this vi I see that it's password protected. How does it calculate frequency window?.Why 'f to sigma ratio' input is 4? Where does it come from? I will appreciate with your reply.

Thanks,

Best Wishes,

Serkan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,652 Views)

Hi Serkan,

Using the context help over the f to sigma ratio control gives the following information:  "specifies the relative bandwidth of the mother wavelet.  f to sigma ratio controls the compromise between the time resolution and the frequency resolution of the wavelet.  The large ratio corresponds the high frequency resolution and the low time resolution."  It would seem to me that 4 was selected as a default value.  If you want to see how this value affects your data, you can place a probe on the output and see how the output is affected by changing this ratio.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,643 Views)

Hi Kyle,

Thank you very much for your reply. It realy helped me. But if it is possible, I want to see the block diagram of the 'WA Calculate Frequency Window.vi' . If not, can you tell me about the teoretical formula of calculating WA Frequency Window. Also in the Labview Help of 'WA Analytic Wavelet Transform.vi' I couldn't find where f to sigma ratio is defined.Please answer these questions.

Best Regards,

Serkan

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,621 Views)

Hi Serkan,

Why do you need to know how this function works?  It is password protected because it contains information that is not public to our customers.  I found the info about the f to sigma ratio by enabling context help (CTRL + H) and then highlighting the f to sigma ratio control in the WA Calculate Frequency Window.vi with the cursor.  I would say the best way to get information about how the VI works is to use known inputs and compare the output of that SubVI. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,612 Views)

Hi Kyle,

I need to know how this function works because i use thi vi in an application for my thesis. I could find the info of f to sigma ratio but it is not enough for me. I need the theoretical formula. How does it calculate frequency window. where is f to sigma ratio in the labview help.The formula of analytic wavelet transform does not contain f to sigma ratio. How can i relate f to sigma ratio with that formula. I have to understand the theory.

Thanks,

Serkan Buhan

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,573 Views)

Hi Serkan,

I can try to get this information for you, but if I could get your email address, we can take this offline so that we can discuss this further.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,533 Views)

Hi Carl,

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate your help. I will wait to hear from you.

Best Regards,

Serkan Buhan

My email adress: serkanbuhan@hotmail.com ( or  serkan.buhan@uzay.tubitak.gov.tr)

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,524 Views)
Sorry not Hi Carl, Hi Kyle 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,515 Views)