LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 7.1 crashes when I enter table in a global VI

Sorry guys, I didn't explain all the details - it's the express table that causes the crash! Normal table works but the express one crashes my LV.

Graziano, your file works of course. Maybe, out of curiosity again, you try inserting the express table also, or maybe this is not to be done and I'm making a complete idiot of myself right now 😉

Regards!
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(950 Views)
In a few minutes, I'll be back....
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(947 Views)
No, an Express Table is not to be added to a global. An Express Table is a VI with code, not just an indicator. Since a global has no block diagram or any code, it doesn't work to try to an Express Table to a global. that fact that you were trying to do this should have been mentioned in your very first post. A lot of time and effort could have been saved if all of the information had been presented at the beginning.
Message 13 of 17
(946 Views)
Here we are!

IT CRASHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How I like deterministic behaviours!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smiley Very Happy

As a general advice, I wouldn't encourage express stuffs usage, normal LV objects are already simple to be used quickly, also for newbies.  It seems that also NI think so.... I haven't seen much promoting of express developing anymore...... Smiley Happy

Bye!

graziano
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(943 Views)
I'm seeing Dennis' post only now.  I didn't knew that!

As I said, I don't like express stuffs, so I only used them for "learning" purposes when I was at beginning Smiley Happy

graziano
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(939 Views)

Yes, Dennis, you're right - I took a lot of precious time of various people, for which I deeply apologize. In my next posts I'll make sure to include ALL the details about my problem.

However, from such a sophisticated program as LV one would expect not to let people include and Express VI into a global variable, or maybe warn them or something, should they accidentally use the Express VI like I did in the first place. Certainly I wouldn't expect a program to CRASH from such a deterministic thing.

Woe to all of us newbies 😉

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(927 Views)
Hi all,
Some months ago I had the same problem with LV 7.1 when adding a control to a Glob Variables panel.
This panel was pretty full of variables.
Immediately after I added the new control,  the attached error appeared.
It seems like there is some bug related with  the maximum number of controls in a single Glob Var panel for LV 7.1.
I've tried to import the application onto LV 8.0 and to add the control in tha same way and it works.

In LV 7.1 I resolved by creating a new additional Glob Var panel containing the new control.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(899 Views)