LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 6.1 RTE unable to compile basic Registry vi under WinNT

We are currently having a problem with the Labview 6.1 Runtime engine and one of your standard Registry vi's.

I have narrowed down the problem to a vi called "Read Registry Value STR.vi".

Basically if I run this vi built into an exe on a pc with just the labview 6.1 RTE installed then I get a compiling error from the lower level DLL.

Pleased take a look at the files included in the Zip file. I have included the Development code (just one of your vi's) and an executable of the same vi.

I have found that using Windows NT with Service pack 6 then there is a problem. I have not tested it on any other environment.

You can also see all three error messages (which continually cycle about 5 tim
es) that appear when you try and run the EXE.

To reproduce the error you will need a Win NT PC with just the Labview RTE installed. It works if you have the Development engine installed aswell.

Please help.....

Regards
Ian Billingsley
Billican
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,344 Views)
I opened your VI and saw that it contained just the 'Read Registry' VI. Please be sure you open a refnum to the registry key before using this VI.

I created an EXE out of the 'Write to Windows Registry' and 'Read from Windows Registry' example
VI's that come with LabVIEW (\examples\registry). I then installed them on a Windows 2000 machine that had just the
6.1 runtime engine installed. Both EXE's ran perfectly. The 'Read from Windows Registry' uses
the 'Read Registry STR' sub VI.

The only difference between our setups is that I am using 2000 and you are using NT. I don't think that
is enough to make a difference.

Chris_Mitchell
Product Development Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Architect

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,344 Views)
Thanks for your input..

I have discovered that my Labview Installation had become corrupted somehow and this was causing the "bad builds"....

I was knocked off the scent because the builder did not give any unusual errors and I had built lots of exe's from this machine in previous weeks!

So I solved the problem by simply uninstalling and re-installing Labview..

Regards
Ian
Billican
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,344 Views)