LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 5.1 Oscilloscope VI

Solved!
Go to solution

i had a test station were vxi based oscilloscope is integrated and working through labview VI's That old VXI based ocilloscope im replacing with Tektronix MD 3000 Stand alone series Oscilloscope the labview VI's are in LabView 5.1 and i want to know what changes ( Visa resource name change apart from this ) i need to do so that new tektronix oscilloscope will work with out any problem 

Thanks in advance 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(1,467 Views)

Hi sai,

@sai414141 wrote:

the labview VI's are in LabView 5.1 and i want to know what changes ( Visa resource name change apart from this ) i need to do so that new tektronix oscilloscope will work with out any problem 

And what is the question?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(1,442 Views)

I appreciate your Idea but,i Couldnt use Labview of any version all the test programs are developed in Labview 5.1 for one scope change i cant change my Labview, operating system that are liable to work with other VXI instruments so if i want to change it to any newer versions all complex test programs i need to change so i thought updating Oscilloscope VI's to Communicate with new Oscilloscope with out any problems suggest me any idea what changes i need to do to run new LXI based Oscilloscope in place of old VXI based oscilloscope VI's.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(1,437 Views)

What Changes that i need to make in VI's to Communicate with my newly installed LXI based oscilloscope where all VI's made with respect to VXI based rachal instruments SCOPE..? 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(1,436 Views)

Hi sai,

@sai414141 wrote:

i Couldnt use Labview of any version all the test programs are developed in Labview 5.1 for one scope change i cant change my Labview, operating system that are liable to work with other VXI instruments

So you want to keep your LabVIEW5.1 version and your old Win95/WinXP computer?

@sai414141 wrote:

i thought updating Oscilloscope VI's to Communicate with new Oscilloscope with out any problems suggest me any idea what changes i need to do to run new LXI based Oscilloscope in place of old VXI based oscilloscope VI's.

You need to read the manual of both devices, the old and the new one. Then you know what you have to change…

Do you really need to stay at LV5.1?

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(1,425 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sai414141

You will have to do exactly what you probably already expect.  Determine what all the relevant functions your old oscilloscope was doing, then write new VIs to duplicate that functionality with a modern scope.  The new interface doesn't matter as long as it works with LabVIEW 5.  Unfortunately, you will likely be on your own.  I doubt anyone here has knowledge of the old VXI instruments AND access to LabVIEW 5.1.  Plus we have the major disadvantage of not being able to open or edit your code.  😥

Have you tried contacting NI Tech Support?

Any chance your application is simple enough to upgrade it to a modern LabVIEW version?

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
Message 6 of 10
(1,420 Views)

You can try taking a look at the drivers for the MDO3000 series from the NI IDN.  They don't go back anywhere close to LV5 but if you can look at them on a modern LabVIEW system it might give you some idea of how to roll the code back.

Tektronix MDO3014 Oscilloscope - Instrument Driver - National Instruments

Good Luck!

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
Message 7 of 10
(1,413 Views)

@sai414141 wrote:

i had a test station were vxi based oscilloscope is integrated and working through labview VI's That old VXI based ocilloscope im replacing with Tektronix MD 3000 Stand alone series Oscilloscope the labview VI's are in LabView 5.1 and i want to know what changes ( Visa resource name change apart from this ) i need to do so that new tektronix oscilloscope will work with out any problem 

Thanks in advance 

Your best bets would be to either;

I know that a VISA LabVIEW 5.1 driver did exist then and the old users manual claims that Tektronix.com has it available.  But, after more than 20 years since publication.... the download has been archived.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 8 of 10
(1,406 Views)

Thanks for the suggestion i dont have option to roll back to Newer versions of Labview so,i think i need to Modify the functions where Oscilloscope used by Communicating with new Oscilloscope Instrument

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(1,357 Views)

Hi sai,

@sai414141 wrote:

i think i need to Modify the functions where Oscilloscope used by Communicating with new Oscilloscope Instrument

Yes…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(1,280 Views)