LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 5.1.1 Crashing with NI Scope

Hello,
We are currently using Labview 5.1.1 and Ni Scope with various NI data acquisition cards.

We have recently come across a very serious problem which crashes Labview and leaves the operating system/hardware in a state where they cannot be restarted without a full OS reboot.

We are seeing the following error messages which must mean something to somebody out there?

Can anyone help us to decode these error messages and perhaps locate the trouble...

This is the sequence of events (look at zip files for errors)

First:
<> (Application crash)
When application is rerun we get:
<>

If application is closed and run again we get:

<
>>

And continue to get this every time we run it again. The only way to clear seems to be to power down the PC.

Regards
Ian Billingsley
Billican
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,237 Views)
Hi Ian,

Do you get this error with every type of card?
Did it ever work?

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,237 Views)
Thanks for your interest in this problem Ben,

I had taken this information on the problem over the phone from one of our customers, so I was not exactly sure of the bug.

Upon investigation it turned out to be a software problem that was nothing to do with NI scope....phew!

It seems that in Labview 5.1.1 if you send NAN or INF values to the "Width" input pin of the Peak detect.vi it crashes labview completely. After some investigation we found this problem!

I think it has been fixed in later versions of Labview..

Thanks once again

Regards
Ian Billingsley
Billican
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,237 Views)