LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 2021 on Linux Question

I have Labview 2021 installed on my openSUSE Leap 15.2 machine, and NI-VISA is included in the install.  I just cannot get the VISA utilities to recognize my FT220 chip.  This chip is programmed to use VCP drivers, and the VCP drivers are included in the linux kernel.  So, it's not an FTDI driver issue.

I can run the "dsmeg | grep FTDI" command, and see my FT220 device at "ttyUSB0". (Picture attached)

I can use this same chip with my Windows version of LabVIEW.  So, I know it works.  I just can't get it to work with Linux.

Does anyone have this working already, and maybe walk me through what everything should look like?  In Windows, I type in "COMx" for the VISA resource name, would I type "ttyUSBx" in Linux?  It's not finding any resources automatically.  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(882 Views)

What are the permissions on your /dev/ttyUSB0 device?

https://askubuntu.com/questions/133235/how-do-i-allow-non-root-access-to-ttyusb0

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(857 Views)

I added my user to the dialout group in Yast, and I also removed ModemManager as they suggested.  Rebooted, but still nothing.  I even tried the "sudo chmod 666 /dev/ttyUSB0" method, and still nothing.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(834 Views)

As we don't know what your actual permissions on the device are, it is impossible to say if those measures should have had any effect.

It would help if you can post a command terminal result of the command ls -la /dev/tty*

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(821 Views)

I get this:

crw-rw-rw- 1 root dialout 188, 0 Nov 17 10:34 /dev/ttyUSB0

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(813 Views)