From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 2018 hangs on startup - no Error message

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

because a subvi was in a continuous loop I had to terminate Labview with Task Manager. From now on it doesn't start anymore. The start window appears but then LV doesn't react. Sometimes you can still see the front panel of the selected vi for a second. No error message is displayed and there is no current entry in the error log.
I already tried a repair of labview using the NI Software and forced reinstall via cmd. Unfortunately this problem remains. Im using Labview 2018 32 bit on Win 10 32 bit.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,233 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author LuRa

We, of course, cannot see the code that caused this Unfortunate Series of Events (because you failed to post it), but the situation you describe should never happen -- all Loops should be "stoppable" (a "Stop" button comes to mind).  If you post your code, we may be able to prevent a recurrence of this problem once LabVIEW is properly re-installed.

I believe I posted on the Forums something called How To Safely Completely Remove LabVIEW 2018 (and here it is ...).  You need to completely remove LabVIEW.  Oops, I just noticed a stupid typo at the end, where I say "LabVIEW 2017 appeared to install correctly" -- I meant LabVIEW 2018.  You can choose for yourself whether or not to do Step 6 (but do Step 5 first!).

Once you've removed LabVIEW 2018 (I'm assuming that's the only version of LabVIEW on your PC), go ahead and do the re-install.  Fix your code first, then try it out.  

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,222 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author LuRa

Thanks for your quick response. I think posting the code will not help, because I know the issue that caused that crash. I messed around with error handling and forget to include a cancel/stop button to the error message. Since the error will not be deleted the error message appears direct after you close it. Because of this circumstances i decided not to post my code.

But after all, i could fix my problem just now. I disconnected the PC from the network. And... Labview works completely normal!

Is this some kind of license problem?

And beside of this, is there a proper solution to close labview without risking the hole program to crash? Or is it possible to back up Labview?

Message 3 of 3
(2,203 Views)