cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 2018 exe asks for missing vi

Solved!
Go to solution

R/All

Need help regarding following issue. I got this error in Labview 2018. Though I have installed RTE 2018 & SP1 also.

The shown program I am able to run in labview. But when I make exe this shows as below attached file. On development as well as other PCs.

Also all missing vi are already present in dependencies.

Please help me out.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,548 Views)

Respected All

As per the new discovery. If I make individual .exe of a VI i want to run, it works fine. Only if I call the VI (like login window then at button event required VI opens) then only I got this error.

Below is the program I've attached.

(version used Labview 2018)

Please help me out.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,486 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author vaibhavsl

@vaibhavsl wrote:

Respected All

As per the new discovery. If I make individual .exe of a VI i want to run, it works fine. Only if I call the VI (like login window then at button event required VI opens) then only I got this error.

Below is the program I've attached.

(version used Labview 2018)

Please help me out.

That's logical. When you build an executable, the LabVIEW application builder will collect all dependencies and add them to your executable file. If you just try to call a vi from your executable all the dependencies of that VI are not usually present in your executable. But the VI references those dependencies in a pseudo relative way, namely as being located in vi.lib respective to your current process. Except that your build executable is not located at C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 20xx but at some other location and hence can't find C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 20xx\vi.lib but will instead try to find <your executable directory>\vi.lib.

Why do you want to try to call the VI directly and not include it in your executable build?

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 3 of 4
(1,478 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author vaibhavsl

Yes, why can't you include it all in one build?

On a side note, I strongly recommend to do a few basic tutorials about dataflow. Your code is extremely poorly written and violates all guidelines.

(looking at operator.vi) Basically you have all disconnected controls and operate on data exclusively via value property nodes, To "fix" the resulting race conditions, you corral every "line" into a sequence frame. Two wrongs don't make a right!

Value properties force a thread switch and execute synchronously. Extremely inefficient! A diagram that covers 40x 1080p screens is not maintainable!)

Message 4 of 4
(1,470 Views)