LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 2018 - Error 1124 with Std Deviation and Variance.vi

Hello, I am having a very strange problem with the VI Std Deviation and Variance.vi

On some of the computers in our office the executables that use this VI don't start anymore, prompting the error Hex 0x464. I googled and this is the description in english of the error:

Error 1124 VI is not loadable. In a built application, this error might occur because the VI being loaded was last compiled for a different OS or with CPU features, such as SSE, that this target does not support. In this case you must rebuild the application for the target OS and make sure SSE compiler settings in the build specifications match the target platform. This error also might occur if the VI is a polymorphic VI, which cannot be loaded in the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine. You must load an instance of the polymorphic VI instead of the polymorphic VI itself

Additionally on the bottom of the pop-up it's written (I translate from german)

Error while loading the VI 'NI_AAL_Base.lvilib: Std Deviation and Variance.vi'

Labview-Load Error Code 1: Labview Load Error Code: %ld: %p

I attach the screenshot of the error.

What is interesting is that the I compiled the same VI some days ago and it worked on without any problem. On my computer and on most of our computers the executable works, but on some it doesn't. I tried to disable the VI "Std Deviation and Variance.vi" and then the program runs without any problem on all our computers.

Do you have any idea what might have happen?

I use Labview 2018 32bit. If you need more information I will be glad to provide them.

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(3,352 Views)

Are you sure that all the computers have the correct version of the LabVIEW runtime engine installed? A LabVIEW executable requires the LabVIEW runtime engine to be installed to work and this runtime engine must be the same version than the version of the LabVIEW Development environment used to compile it.

Marc Dubois
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(3,326 Views)

Of course, all the computer run the same RunTime Engine of LabView 2018 32Bit (the same installer was used on all the computer, and we make sure to disable any update exactly to be sure that all the runtime engines are the same)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(3,322 Views)

I have exactly the same problem in LabVIEW 2018 (32-bit) and that is with the very same VI. My executable will run on some computers but not on others. A support question has not been able to resolve it, neither have I and in the end I had to program my own Std Deviation and Variance.vi.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(3,261 Views)

I solved in the same way and I find it still very misterious. I hope it's not going to happen with other VIs...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(3,258 Views)

So I, too, have exactly the same problem (only with LabVIEW 2018 64-bit).

I'm curious if anyone has found a solution other than avoiding this one function?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(3,165 Views)

I must say that this "sounds like a bug", and if it has been reported to NI, maybe it will be fixed in an update (SP1?) or (one hopes) in LabVIEW 2019 ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(3,159 Views)

Bob- thanks for your reply!  And I agree- it does sound like a bug.  What's weird is that installing the app on 2 computers works fine, on the 3rd I get this error.  The software is the same.  In fact, the 2 computers where the app works fine have different OSes!  One is Windows 7 and the other is Windows 10 (the software was built under Windows 10).  The computer where it doesn't work is Windows 7.  As I said, just too weird.

I think I will try compiling with the option for removing unused polymorphic VIs turned off (so the unused ones are included).  Maybe this will help...

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(3,155 Views)

If you "find a reason", be sure to let NI know so they can "fix" it ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(3,148 Views)

Just an FYI for everyone. This is a known issue in LabVIEW 2018. CAR 704376.

Current recommended workaround is to find all instances of Std Deviation and Variance.vi in the original VI showing the issue, right-click and select "Replace with SubVI Contents...".

Eric H.
Senior Field Applications Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(3,132 Views)