LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 2017 Waterfall Plot

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm creating a frequency offset problem in my waterfall plotting algorithm, and I believe it is related to the 3D waterfall plot vi.  For my code, a time series signal is input in waveform format.  The user selects the length of the waveform that they would like to iteratively process and plot in the 3D waterfall plot.  The application works correctly with the duration length set at 1 second, but when set to any other value, I see a frequency shift on my plot.  For example, if the target frequency is 50Hz, at a "length of slice" = 1 sec, I see a 50Hz peak on the waterfall.  If the "length of slice" is then adjusted to .5 sec, the frequency peak is shifted to 25Hz.  If slice is = .25 sec, the frequency peak is 50*.25Hz.  I believe this is related to the dimensions of the Z array that is input to the waterfall plot helper. 

So, my question is, how do I utilize the plot helper Z array, or the X and Y arrays, to ensure a frequency shift doesn't occur in my output plot?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,277 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Ben

I figured it out.  Using vector mode, the X and Y vectors are the actual "bins" or values on your x and y axis.  Appropriately, you need the correct number for the varying size of the z array, and you also need the correct value corresponding to the frequency content.  See attached...

Message 2 of 2
(3,248 Views)