From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 2016 new improvments to selecting, moving and resizing objects

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi RichardBallantyne,

If the large VIs also take a while to finish compiling before run, the compiler might be making optimizations that can cause a slowdown at save time. Could you tell me:

• What is the compiled code complexity in VI Properties>>Memory Usage?
  • How does that number compare to your compiler settings in Tools>>Options>>Environment (slider at the bottom)?
  • Did you have any INI settings concerning the compiler in LV 2015 that were not migrated to 2016?

Otherwise, do you notice any VIs with particular increase in save time? For example, VIs that use large typedefs, make calls into other libraries, etc.?

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 23
(1,321 Views)

I'm seeing these same slowness issues in LabVIEW 2016 as well. Saving, copying, dragging. 2016 is wasting a lot of my time. I thought it was an issue with the spec's of my PC (I7, 8G Ram, etc) but it appears not to be the case. Thanks for the 'x' tip but there is more to it with this release. Does anyone know if NI is looking into this slowness issue at present?

Thanks in advance,

Scott

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 23
(1,117 Views)

@Sdserlin wrote:

Does anyone know if NI is looking into this slowness issue at present?

I don't work for NI, but I have the impression that they are looking into IDE performance issues.  I've sent them whole projects (and so have others) to help them see if there is a cause that they can resolve.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 23
(1,110 Views)