LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 2015 executable "Control Could Not Be Loaded" in windows 10 but works in windows 7

Solved!
Go to solution

Any suggest is welcome.

I use Labview 2015 on Windows 10 and compiled an exe file for a non-Labview Windows 7 computer. It's has been working fine for years until I recently upgraded to Windows 10. The same exe file can be launched and run without showing any error message. But in areas where we used to type in numeric data cannot be loaded suddenly. The run time engine file we use is
LVRTE2015_f3Patchstd.

I tried a few things, 1. uninstall & reinstall the same engine, 2. repair, 3. uninstall and install 64-bit version engine, 4. install Window 10 SDK, 5. Enable ActiveX server when build exe, 6. Build a Installer instead of exe file, 7. Check NI USI in additional installers. Non of them works so far.

Any idea? Highly appreciative! 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,337 Views)

Were you running Windows7 in x32 mode and Windows10 in x64 mode?  In order for the executable to be able to run, both the environment and the LabVIEW need to stay in the mode as how it was compiled.

Help the Community (and future reviewers) by marking posts as follows:
If it helped - KUDOS
If it answers the issue - SOLUTION
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,335 Views)

Both on 64 bit.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,331 Views)

My first guess is that your control is an ActiveX control (or perhaps a .NET control) that is now missing in your Windows 10 environment.

Can you tell us more about that table element we see in your screenshot? Is it really a LabVIEW native control?

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,330 Views)

@Minions wrote:

Were you running Windows7 in x32 mode and Windows10 in x64 mode?  In order for the executable to be able to run, both the environment and the LabVIEW need to stay in the mode as how it was compiled.

Not exactly... If you built the executable with 32-bit LabVIEW, you should be able to run it on 32- or 64-bit versions of Windows, if the 32-bit run-time files are installed. If you built the executable with 64-bit LabVIEW, it will only run on 64-bit versions of Windows, if the 64-bit run-time is installed.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,329 Views)

@wshao wrote:

Both on 64 bit.

Did you use 32- or 64-bit LabVIEW? If you used 64-bit, you need to install the 64-bit run-time files, not the 32-bit version you mentioned.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,328 Views)

Since the runtime compatibility has been already discussed - the .NET control you are using might not exist on your Win10 machine. Possibly because you are using .NET 3.5 Framework on Windows 7 (installed by default by the OS) and this version does not get installed by default in Windows 10. You can manually add it through the Windows Features tool in your Win10 machine.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,298 Views)
Solution
Accepted by wshao

Thanks everyone.

Thanks to NI, found the solution. 

The spreadsheet control is not an intrinsic Labview control, which is using OWC11 (Office Web Components) on Office 2003. Now with the newer version Office 2010, this add-in has to be manually installed to make the control work properly. Downloaded and installed the 2003 version OWC, problem solved.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,293 Views)

@wshao wrote:

Thanks everyone.

Thanks to NI, found the solution. 

The spreadsheet control is not an intrinsic Labview control, which is using OWC11 (Office Web Components) on Office 2003. Now with the newer version Office 2010, this add-in has to be manually installed to make the control work properly. Downloaded and installed the 2003 version OWC, problem solved.

Don't forget to mark your post as the solution so others may benefit from your experience!  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,284 Views)