LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 2015 NI-VISA

Hey so I am trying to get my labview 2015 to work and collect data for signal analysis. I have the drivers for all of the equipment that I am using however the NI-VISA is not working and says that it is not even there. I am getting an error message and a link to follow to fix the problem. I have downloaded a file and run the installer and then low ang behold there are no files to install!! What the hey man!

Here is the error message that we are recieveing Error -1073807346 occurred at VISA Open in Tektronix TDS 200 1000 2000 Series.lvlib:Initialize.vi->Tektronix TDS 200 1000 2000 Series Acquire Continuous Waveform.vi

The link at the bottom of the error message for a solution to the problem is http://search.ni.com/nisearch/app/main/p/bot/no/ap/global/lang/en/pg/1/q/%22error%20-1073807346%22/

Which then you download a file which is called NIVISA1500full.exe 

Once downloaded and unzipped, that is when it says there are no files to install.

What ever shall I do?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,012 Views)
It probably means that it is already installed. The error means that you are not specifying a correct resource name. Did you select a name from the pull-down menu?
Message 2 of 6
(4,988 Views)

Yes I got it to work it was missing the runtime, which is now installed the NI_VISA was missing three key files. 

What I am trying to do is get a signal from a tektronix oscillioscope, record the data by minipulating the sampling frequencies and then exproting that data out to an excel or text file. 

It would be really easy to do if we had a DAQ to grab an analog signal. However I do not have a daq at my disposial. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,979 Views)
That should be simple to do with the scope as well. You get a waveform from the read.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,968 Views)

Yes but I can not set the sampling rate, I can get the entire graph and continious data but I need to set a sampling rate and then collect the data. Then I have to take and write matlab code to analyse the data to regenerate the waveform graph. I would have it done and be moving on but my lab group messed up the data collection and seeing how my grade is tied into theirs and their poor performance I would rather try and collect the data at the set sampling frequencies.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,956 Views)
Why can't you set the rate? Remember that a scope is set differently from a DAQ device. You set the horizontal time span. You know (or set) the number of samples it has taken.

Try Export Waveforms to Spreadsheet File for saving the acquisition.
Message 6 of 6
(4,938 Views)