LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 2014 Excel Active X Property Nodes disabled - Why?

Hello,

I am using Labview 2014 and want to open, write to and close Excel by the use of Active X.

I am confronted with the problem, that, if connecting (Active X-) property nodes to the references (e.g. "Excel_Application"), right-clicking on the context menue doesn´t let me choose any properties, the item is disabled (one can read in German "Keine Eigenschaften" (no properties)).

How can I resolve this? What am I doing wrong?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,627 Views)

Hello,

i would like yo understand more of your problem. can you elaborate more? maybe provide some screenshots of your code to see what are you trying to do as a whole? 

regards,

Sigi D.

AE

"everything is achieveable through technology'
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,607 Views)

I am having the same problem.  When I left click to choose/change the property I do not get a list - instead I get the greyed No Properties popup - see screenshot.

If I drag and drop an existing property node from within an example subVI it connects to the reference and keeps showing the current property but I cannot change to a different one.

I am using LV 2012, Win7, Office 2013.

When I try with LV 2012, Win7, Office 2010, it works properly.  So my guess is that is has to do with the version of office.  But I would like to know the reason why as well.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,453 Views)