Version 13.0.1f2  ( 32 bit )

Running on a

DELL Precision 670

Windows 7

Active HARTs ( Borst Automation )

MacTeck Viator HART Modem

Description of Problem

Sending a file to the HART Modem, no data is coming out of the COM port

I need this problem solved.  I prefer onsite service ( Warminster PA ).

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,528 Views)

I guess your subject line should be LabVIEW 2013 will NOT send data out of COM port.

The forums are visited by other users like you who volunteer time to help others with their LabVIEW problems and questions.  I don't think you are going to get anyone to give you onsite service.

Are you getting any error messages when you try to write the data to that com port?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,527 Views)

:

I think he thought this is forum is part of official support.  He might not be the type to want to troubleshoot.

Tomlite46

Since this isn't the place to place a service call, you have to give us some information before we can help you out.  Posting the VI that contains the communications code would help a lot.  You can gut it if you have proprietary stuff - just leave the communications stuff intact.

You are sure there's nothing coming out of the serial port?  Maybe you are addressing the wrong COM port?  I know I've insisted I was addressing the correct COM port only to find, to my chagrin, that I wasn't.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,509 Views)

If you want to get onsite assistance, call NI or open a Service Request here.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,495 Views)