LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 2011 application crashes from time to time

Hi again,

it's really very difficult to examine the reason for this crash by deactivation of DLL call, activation of error reporting,

using LV Desktop Execution Trace Toolkit etc., as the crash only happens in compiled application on our production machine.
Nevertheless, I found in my log file that at least on crash was in a time frame where definitely no DLL function was called.

Now I tried follows:
1.) I have eliminated code which was running in a loop using references to current VI
2.) Deactivated ESET firewall
3.) re-installation of LV2011 runtime

Until now there was no more crash. So sorry to say, but I guess I'll close this thread in a few days without having a clear solution.

BR
Thomas.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(436 Views)

Hi Maximint,

I need a little bit more information about your application.

What version of LabVIEW was it written in?  What version of LabVIEW was it compiled in?  Does the application crash on both the development computer and the deployment computer?  Have you tried any other computers?  Do you have LabVIEW Runtime 8.5.1 installed?  

Thanks!

Dayna P.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(413 Views)

Hi

the application was written in 8.5.1 We used it compiled in 8.5.1 for years.

Then I upgraded to 2011 and compiled it in 2011.

On target PC I installed runtime 2011 additionally to runtime 8.5.1

The crash only happens as exe on target PC as 2011 version.

I've not tried it with new PC as there is a lot of special hardware installed. We have production environment where we have to produce 7/24.

BR

Thomas.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(400 Views)

Hi maximint,

At this point, it seems as though you've done the proper troubleshooting, and I believe your previous post mentioned that you eliminated the crash.  I agree with Norbert's ideas for possible sources for the crash.  Unfortunately, finding the exact source of the error may not even be possible at this point.  I am glad you're up and running though!  

Best Regards,

Dayna P.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(381 Views)