LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 2010 run-time engine silent install

I am having trouble with installing the run-time engine for LabVIEW 2010 with the silent option.

I am using the minimum version of the run-time engine.

Before I used the LV7 run-time engine. Then I could install it silently using LVRunTimeEng.exe /qb!

In LabVIEW 2010 the run-time engine is no longer a single file but a directory that contains the installation files. There are two files that can be used to launch the installer Setup.exe and LV2010runtime.msi.

Setup.exe does not seem to accept any command-line arguments. LV2010runtime.msi however accepts the command-line arguments and can be installed silently.

Now my problem is that I am building a windows installer using a third party application and it is only possible to launch exe files after the installation completes. Before I could launch the LVRunTimeEng.exe /qb! to install the labview 7 run-time engine but now when I have upgraded to labview 2010 I cannot do the same for Setup.exe.

My question is if it is possible to use the Setup.exe file to install the Labview 2010 run-time engine (minumum) silently?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,311 Views)

Setup.exe runs a number of other .exe files during its execution.  This article looks like it will allow you to run setup.exe silently by supressing all messages and windows:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/878FC4C374013ADF8625733D00688F67

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,278 Views)