cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 2010 crash at startup windows 7

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

Labview crashes on startup. I get this message: "Labview 10.0 Development System has stopped working." I don't get any further than this.

I have 95 computers running Windows 7 64-bit Enterprise. To install Labview on these I use the automated installer with these options: "/q /acceptlicenses yes /r:n /applyspecfile k:\zfdmsi\Labview2010\yellow1\".

This was working on Windows XP. I have tried to install Labview manually on one of the windows 7 computers and it works fine.. But I cant do that on 95 computers...

Any ideas why it's crashing?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,499 Views)

I tried again installing with CD's on a new computer today and I get this message: "Error: This installer needs access to "My Documents". However, this location "m:\HiTfiler\My Documents\" is not available. Ensure that this directory exists and is available and run the installer again."

This path does exist though.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,472 Views)

You have the drive letter listed as "m".  Is that correct?

Is that a network drive?  Sometimes trying to establish connections with network drives are more time consuming then it would be a local hard drive, and the installer is not getting a response from the M drive in time.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,463 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Venruki

Yes, m: is a network drive. We have a local policy on all workstations redirecting My Documents to the M: drive.

I got the issue resolved by installing Labview 2010 SP1 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,450 Views)