LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 2010 64 bit nilvaiu.dll initialization routine failed

Installed LabView 2010 64 bit on same machine as the 32 bit version.
Win7 64bit w/ 6gb memory.
All functionality tested in the 32 bit environment seems to still be working fine.

When trying to open a simple VI with DAQmx, I get an error loading nilvaiu.dll, ... initialization routine failed.

I've tried a number of things to solve this w/o success.See http://www.evernote.com/l/APMT-pdBld9PXrXWDhOST9zbEpi-bj5BuyQ/ for details.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,892 Views)
Which version of daqmx installed?
- you checked the compatibility for sure?: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/B0D5630C0A50D5C6862578E800459248
- according to above it says latest which supports is 9.9 : http://www.ni.com/download/ni-daqmx-9.9/4707/en/ do you have this version or any other?

- you said everything seems to be fine with 32 bit can you try simple vi with daqmx in LabVIEW 32 bit? 🤔
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,875 Views)

Thanks for the quick reply and sorry for the missing info.

DAQmx 9.9 installed (NIDAQ990f0.exe). No other.

Yes, I'm able to load and run the simple vi that uses DAQmx in 32 bit environment.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,869 Views)

Was DAQmx already installed when you installed LabVIEW 64bit?

In this case you might need to re-install DAQmx afterwards to gain 64 bit support.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,828 Views)

I had already done a re-install then a repair via control panel and that didn't fix the problem so following your comment I tried completely un-installing then re-installed DAQmx 9.9 but still getting the nilvaiu.dll initialization routine failed error message when trying to open a simple vi with DAQmx component in the 64 bit environment. Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,818 Views)

Hello Terry,

Would it be possible to run Dependeny Walker to see which files are required to run this DLL? I have linked an article below which discusses this process, but is for a slightly different error. I also see that you have been working with my colleague Sam in a service request; I'll speak with him today to see what else can be done. 

Why Does Importing a DLL Throw an Initialization Routine Failed Error?

---
Alex C.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,737 Views)

HI Alex,

After working with Sam, I think we have concluded that the report generation toolkit is not supported in the 64 bit version of LabView 2010. Rather, we are now focused on an issue I found when trying to open a VI for editing in the v2010 64 bit LabView environment that has any DAQmx components. This seems to be a configuration issue somewhere on the computer, but we've failed to identify the cause as of yet.

As a result, I think this topic should probably be closed since the report generation toolkit is not supported in the 64 bit version of LabView 2010.

Thank you for your assistance,

t

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,726 Views)