LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 2009 cannot read my Agilent multimeter

NI-VISA needs to be primary as Jeff as already said. You don't even need Agilent's VISA installed. So uninstall it or make it secondary.

There is no need for any IVI installation unless you intend to use the IVI driver in your code.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(572 Views)

@villos89 wrote:

The problem is that MAX does not read the device.  What is the exact IVI and VISA that I should install?

That is why we need more information.

If you are GPIB to USB you need the driver for that adaptor, Possibly a passport enabled (depending on adaptor model) the device configured for using GPIB and a "Scan for insturments" will show the device in MAX under the GPIB controller.

If you are USB-USB you need the driver that came with the device, Perhaps a VISA conflict resolution and the device set to use USB  MAX will show the device under USBTMC devices as shown in the post pictured above

If you are USB-Serial you need the device configured for rs-232 and the usb-serial driver that ships with that adaptor .  The device will show up as a COM Port in MAX you should assign your own Alias to make it easy to identify.

So, What can we help you find in your quick-start guides?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(569 Views)

It's a USB-USB connection, and I have downloaded the 34405 driver (I assumed it is compatible with 34450A) from this link http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=70943B8EC0DB1381E04400144FB7D2...

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(564 Views)
Whether you downloaded that driver or not is completely irrelevant. MAX does not use it. Have you done anything at all about the VISA suggestions?
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(559 Views)

No, I dont know what to download for the VISA, etc

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(553 Views)

@villos89 wrote:

It's a USB-USB connection, and I have downloaded the 34405 driver (I assumed it is compatible with 34450A) from this link http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=70943B8EC0DB1381E04400144FB7D2...

Thats a start.  Now you said you communicated through some unspecified Agilient software.  That probably means that Agilient configured your system for the wrong primary VISA.  MAX has a VISA conflict manager.  Use it.

Better yet go read the Agilient help file on "Using this product with NI Software"  It will give you step by step instructions including screenshots. This thread really has nothing to do with LabVIEW and should probably me moved.  Ideally, to the Agilient Tech support site but, They have no idea about tech support over at Agilient- (they expect you to read the manual) and will usually give you plenty of time to do so before responding to your question.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(550 Views)