LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 2009 Student Edition Vista x64 installation fail, no error messages though

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to install a copy of the LabView 2009 student edition and everytime the installation initializes, the modules fail to install for every single module.  There is also no error message.

I got a message that LabView may not be working correctly due to Windows Firewall, which I have disabled. That message referred me to ni.com/info, code expm69.

Let me know, I'm a little confused as to what's going on.  Would it be due to a patch or what not?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,771 Views)

Hi imagineerme, 

Regarding your installation issues, a possible cause may be that you don't have permissions on the computer that you are installing. Are you set as the administrator on this computer? Is this a school computer or your own? 

It's also possible that LabVIEW may be installed on your computer already. To check this, go to Program Files/National Instruments to see what you already have installed. 

If neither of these are the cause, can you please provide me with more information about your installation? Does the installer crash or just go straight to the finish screen? Does anything install at all? Thanks and best of luck, 

Julianne K

Julianne K
Systems Engineer, Embedded Systems
Certified LabVIEW Architect, Certified LabVIEW Embedded Systems Developer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,749 Views)

Hi Julianne,

This is my personal computer from which I would be using Labview, and it is not already previously installed on my laptop.

The installer prompts me that LabView will being installation, and of the 54 (I think, the number might be different), modules that are to be installed, they all return a pop up  message that that module has failed to installed.  I don't get an error message though.

I thought it might have been something with my laptop being Windows Vista 64bit, but I saw that 2009 edition should be compatible.

Let me know if you need other information.

Thanks for the help!

Elaine

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,745 Views)

Hi Elaine, 

Thanks for the additional information. I am concerned that you are missing files necessary for your installation. Where did you get your copy of LabVIEW? Do you have a disk for the install or did you download it? Also, are you able to try to start the install on another computer? This may help to determine whether it is your computer or the software itself which is the issue. Thanks,

Julianne K 

Julianne K
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,741 Views)

Hi Julianne,

I got my copy of the Student Edition from my professor at UC Berkeley, and I have not tried to install it on another laptop.  It is a cd package. 

Is there something else I might need besides the cd?

Thanks,

Elaine

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,734 Views)

Hi Elaine, 

What is the name on the cd which you have? Thanks, 

Julianne K

Julianne K
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,719 Views)

Hi Julianne,

It says LabView Student Edition, Win and Mac.  I don't know what you mean by name on the cd.

Sorry for the delayed response.

Thanks,

Elaine

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,695 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author imagineerme

Hi imagineerme,

It is possible that the CD may be corrupted.  You can either try a different CD if you have access to one or since you have access to a student version, you should be able to also access LabVIEW via ni.com/src.  All versions of LabVIEW are available for download at that site. Please let me know if you are able to download LabVIEW from there.  ni.com/src will also allow you to specifically download the 64-bit version of LabVIEW since you have a 64-bit OS.  I hope this helps!

Kim

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,682 Views)

Thank you Kim! =]

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,648 Views)