From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 2009 I/O assistant issue

Hi,

I'm using labview 2009, and I can't get the I/O assistant to work-everytime I try to run it, it gives me the error message "Measurement & Automation Explorer or the Instrument I/O Assistant is not installed correctly. Please install these from LabVIEW Driver CD". I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the I/O assistant, but it's not helping-is there anything else that can cause this error I should be looking for?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,394 Views)

What version of VISA/488.2 are you using? You might try upgrading if they're not the most current. Also, what OS is this running on? You could try repairing them. Please note any errors that might appear during install/repair.

Verne D. // Software R&D // National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,377 Views)

Labview v9.0f3

VISA 488.2 v2.1

MAX 4.70f4

WinXP/SP3

I finally got DAQmx to work in LabVIEW under Measurement I/O by upgrading to Labview 2009 from version 2008; however Assistant I/O has a similar installation error problem now.  My Assistant I/O had been working under Labview 2008. 

Why is Assistant I/O so temperamental?  I hate to have to download the huge 1.5G Driver CD.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,268 Views)

Hi ciwong,

This problem usually originates from installation order. You want to install the drivers after you install after you install LabVIEW.

Another things that jumps out is that you are listing NI VISA 488.2 as version 2.1. The current version of NI VISA is version 5 and the current version of NI 488.2 is version 2.73. 

Please let us know if you have any questions

Joe Daily
National Instruments
Applications Engineer

may the G be with you ....
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,245 Views)

Thanks for the speedy reply.  I assumed that the NI link was for the latest VISA.  But VISA 4.6 solved the Instrument I/O Assistant problem.  All G is well now -- at least on this machine.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,236 Views)