From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 12.0 Crashes while trying to open a VI

Hi,

I've got a problem while opening a file. I did not have any problem opening it like five minutes ago. I tried to reboot the computer and shut down labview couple of times.

The labview 12.0 crashed and left me a message attached. And the problem VI is also attached.

Would you please help me with it?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,147 Views)

Hi.

Are you still experience problems with this VI?

I have no problems with opening it. Just in case, I have attached the VI to this post.

Best Regards

Alex E. Munkhaus
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD)
System Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(3,117 Views)

I am so sorry that I attached the wrong VI. Would  you please help me with the VI that I attached in this thread?

I still have problem with it. There is no problem with opening other VIs, just this one. I used the VI Analyzer and followed one of the update, saying that there is a potential of crashing LV while connecting array to a fomula node, I do have that block in the VI. I am not sure if this is the reason.

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(3,108 Views)

Hi again.

I'm sorry, but it doesn't looks like I can do anything to fix this error. Can you describe in more detail what kind of code / architecture this VI contains - it takes up about 1 MB, I rarely see that? Also, what exactly did you do before the crash?

Did you remember to take a backup of your work? A good thing to consider, is to use Source Code Control, so you always have the possibility to roll back to a previous version:

Software Configuration Management and LabVIEW

This is 2 different third party SVN toolkits that you can use with LabVIEW:
TortoiseSVN Tool for LabVIEW
TSVN Toolkit

Best Regards

Alex E. Munkhaus
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD)
System Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(3,103 Views)

I got a sequence with three interputs in it in order to synchronize with the FPGA logic.

In the first frame, the host is writing data to the memory of FPGA.

The second frame, After finishing writing, the FPGA start driving a stage doing raster scan and measuring the position to produce an image; while the host is acquiring the measurement by FIFO, then plot the result in an intensity graph ;

The third frame is picking a point of interst in the intensity plot and scan around that area.

It works just fine before I addED an "and" logic to one of the frames. I guess it still hard to picture the vi., 

I appreciate the suggestion of backing up the work. I'll work on that.

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(3,095 Views)

If you have a back up copy of the vi I would suggest going back to that. The vi and error message would indicate that you got what was refered to as an "insane" error, where LabVIEW lost track of some "connections" in the vi. This results in a corrupted vi which can't be loaded.

As was alluded to, a 1Mb+ size vi is pretty large, which, at least in the old days of LabVIEW, would increase the chances of getting "insane errors". If it is possibly to encapsulate some of the code in sub-vi's it might also help.

Sorry I can't fix the vi you had, most of us who have been using LabVIEW for a while have experienced this, good luck.

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(3,088 Views)

Thanks a lot. You helped a lot. It is the kind of problem that cannot be fixed. The wierd thing is that I did not get any error message. I am pretty new to labview, I figured there still a lot to learn.

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(3,082 Views)

I do have the same issue with another VI which is attached,while opening it with LV 2012.It would be good if some one can help on this

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(2,979 Views)

Hi JeyZ, 

You should try creating a new thread for this post so that more people see it, rather than posting on an older thread.   Also, try to include more information about your VI.  What is it supposed to be doing?  What kind of functions do you call?  I was unable to open your VI in LabVIEW 2013 (it crashed as well), and it's difficult to help troubleshoot this kind of issue without any information about your application.

Thanks,

Myriam D.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(2,953 Views)

Well, it may not be the vi becuase I am having a similar problem where  an application I build in a different computer will not work on a specific computer. It was running very well for almost a year and it suddenly just start crashing. I even copied the main vi to this computer but could not even open it. I am still trying to figure this problem out.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(2,936 Views)