cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labiew wire is very slow

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

So i have a project use class and  some other class which inherit from one generic class.

In the main vi, i have several if-else case and in each if-else case, i also have many if-else case,like 30 in average.

so right now, the problem is the wire in the main vi is pretty slow, but for some other vi and even a sub vi in the main vi is in  a good wire speed,

Any suggestions about it.

Below is a screen shoot for the structure of the if-else case.

QQ截图20191203170835.pngQQ截图20191203170845.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 27
(2,731 Views)

Hi eric,

how do you (and should we) determine execution speed from looking at some pictures of parts of your code?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 27
(2,716 Views)

Please explain your definition of a "slow wire". Are you talking about any particular wire? How do you measure wire speed?

Do you have performance problems? What are the time limiting steps?

(A wire is a graphical representation and just defines value origin and data dependency on the diagram to be processed by the compiler. It does not have any "speed") 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 27
(2,714 Views)

Are you talking about execution highlighting?

Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 27
(2,707 Views)

@ericyuan wrote:

so right now, the problem is the wire in the main vi is pretty slow, but for some other vi and even a sub vi in the main vi is in  a good wire speed,

Did you accidentally turn on highlight execution? (The little light bulb in the toolbar of every diagram).

That's the only way to make a 'slow wire'... Of course splitting a wire could cause a data copy, but only if it enters a function or VI.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 27
(2,705 Views)

No, light mode is in execute stage, I'm talking about edit stage, like delete a wire and connect it again takes more than 2 seconds 

but for other vi it's pretty quick, so should be a computer's problem?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 27
(2,692 Views)

Sorry, I'm talking about the slow wire in edit mode. 

but strange things is that slow edit only happens to that part, for editing other part,(others location which isn't in that if case) the edit is quite fast.

Like the wire can quickly connected once i click the wire to one node

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 27
(2,688 Views)

Ah, the very slow IDE problem. It's been some time since i had it or heard about it, but it sucks. One thing you can try it to close your project and turn of antivirus for your project folder and see if that helps.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 27
(2,678 Views)

@Yamaeda wrote:

Ah, the very slow IDE problem. It's been some time since i had it or heard about it, but it sucks. One thing you can try it to close your project and turn of antivirus for your project folder and see if that helps.

/Y

Not too sure, since only some parts are affected. But try and open the VI without opening it from a project (if you are). Working from within a project can slow some things down after a while and suddenly.

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Message 9 of 27
(2,675 Views)

Could it be a hidden insane object?

Those used to crash LabVIEW, but not anymore. They could still slow down things though.

If there is a diagram that is particularly slow, I'd re-wire especially the type defs.

I noticed that newer LabVIEW version get slower in general the more you add on the diagram. But if only parts of the main diagram are slow, it must be something particular on the structure diagram.

Message 10 of 27
(2,662 Views)