LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labiew Freezes During Build of HMI

I am using Labview Professional Development System

Version 11.0.1f2 (32-bit)

I am attempting to build my most recent revision of the HMI exe but it causes Labview to freeze everytime.  After selecting the "build" option in the project explorer, the "Build Status" window appears and then the build status bar immediately shows complete.  The text shows "Initializing build.  This could take several minutes..."  The build never progresses past this point.  I have attached a screenshot below.  I can select "Done", and I am brought back to the project explorer.  This is when Labview become unrespsonsive and I am forced to end the process through the task manager.

I have tried the following things:

1. I have reverted back to several past iterations of the code that were able to build the HMI.  They are failing to build now.
  2. I have tried a 2nd computer that I have used recently to succesfully build the HMI.  It is failing to build now.
  3. I have loaded an entirely different project from many months ago.  It succesfully built.

My original thought was that some of the files in the vi.lib or user.lib had been corrupted or changed on my computer, but the fact that my other computer alos failed rules that out.  I am lost, any ideas?

Thanks

Drew

Labview Host Build Fail.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,530 Views)

What is HMI?

Your own program?

Are there any errors in your project file?

It is too small to see clearly.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,512 Views)

HMI, human machine interface, is the .exe that runs on a computer and directly communicates with the cfp-2220's real time code.  I do not have any errors or conflicts that are displaying.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,507 Views)

Have you ever been able to build this application? One thing you could try is generating a build log file so you can see where it is getting hung up. I would try generating the log and then post here if the results don't make sense!

Advanced Tab (build log file)

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361H-01/lvdialog/app_settings_tab/

Rob B
FlexRIO Product Manager
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,478 Views)