From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Label Print using Bartender for zebra printer

Hello,

I am using Bartender (seagull) application to print Label in Zebra printer 105L (300dpi) from Labview 7.1 using Activex.

find attached the vi to print the label.

when  I run this vi neither the label is printed nor the error message pops up.

pls sugget me to print label.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(11,595 Views)

see here and here

Post if you have still problems.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(11,583 Views)

I am refering to the "WhitePaper_GettingStartedwithActiveXAutomationUsingVB6" of Bartender to print from LABview7.1.  same problem continues.

I have selected the printer 105S (300 dpi) in use printer control as in attached Vi.

Two printer will be connected to the PC one with serial port and other with Parallel port. how the selection of  the printer port through Activex can be done.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(11,553 Views)

Hi anusree,

I'm also working with the BarTender software from Labview and have a similar application.

I was wondering if you found a way to use Active-X in the end ?

I'm not too familiar with Active-X or with visual basic so I'll appreciate it if you can send me some Labview active-X examples for the BarTender if you have some...

Thanks,

Mentos.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(11,228 Views)
See this
Shreyas Hebbare
Shreyas Technologies
India
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(11,203 Views)

Hi

Did anybody else has some these printers and software?

I'm encoutering some problem with writing values to the template file. I don't know what the subStringName should be.

Thank you for any help

Yves

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(10,028 Views)

Are you using the same label format all the time? It might be easier to write directly to the printer using ZPL. ZPL is the label format language that Zebra printers use. I haven't worked with the label design packages much but Zebra printers are fairly easy to work with using ZPL. Then you simply use VISA to connect to the serial and parallel ports and send the label to the printer. There are a couple of ways you can handle variable data. One is to simply replace the specific fields in your string prior to sending it to the printer. The other is to store a format on the printer and receall it while supplying it with the values for the variable data.

You can download the ZPL manual from Zebra. If you can describe you basic label I should be able to provide you with the example ZPL to print it.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(10,023 Views)

First of all, thank you for your help.

Well, in fact I don't use a Zebra printer but a Toshiba that also uses the BarTender software.

And I have the printer connected through USB to my 64bit system.

It might be that I solved the problem yesterday. (I found out what they meant with "subString" and could label it correctly.)

But to be sure I need some labels to print on (I'm still awaiting them)

Yves

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(10,002 Views)

Hi all,

I have used Ring  4012+ Barcode printer recently and made few VI's also.

Posting them for reference.

I Hope its useful for someone.

Regards,

Bijay

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(9,996 Views)

i have ZT410 zebra 

i want bartender for this printer

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11