I made a LabView VI that involves an Oscilloscope, Function generator, USB-6001 and an USB-TC01.
All these instruments are interfaced to a Windows7SP1(64bit) PC.
The Application.exe built from this project runs as expected on the master PC.
When the Application.exe is installed to the target PC running the same Windows7SP1(64bit),
it runs almost OK but doesn't read the values from USB-6001 correctly.
When I expect a non-zero value, it reads allways a 0(zero).
The digital read from the same USB-6001 are OK.
When I use the [Measurement & Automation Explorer](ver. 17.5.0f0) on the target PC,
it recognises the USB-6001, [Self Test]is OK and [Test Pannel]can read the analog values correctly.
Has anybody experienced something like this?
Any suggestion on how to debug this situation?
Any information is appreciated,
Solved! Go to Solution.
Two things to help with your problem:
First, have you done an export/import of NI-MAX settings from the working to the non-working PC?
Second, get rid of all of the Express VIs and replace them with DAQmx VIs. It's a bit more work but you get rid of the crappy dynamic data type, and you've now separated all of the express VIs into sections that let you more specifically design what's going on.
Also, as a side note, your VI seriously has a massive overuse of local variables and stacked sequence frames. I would strongly suggest that you switch to a state machine architecture.
Thank you for your valuable suggestions.
"export/import of NI-MAX settings" :
Next week I'll move to the factory where the target PC is located and this will be the first thing I'll try there.
Replace Express VIs with DAQmx VIs :
Yes it makes sence. This will be the next thing I'll do after the above.
Switch from stacked sequence to a state machine architecture :
Since this was my 1st. LabVIEW project I made, this was a kind of patchwork from other's sample programs.
I'll consider this for my next project and hopefully for the next revision of my current project.
I followed your suggestion to "export/inport of NI-MAX settings" and it worked out.
Thank you very much!