LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView unable to open design : Can anyone help recover?

Having made some minor changes to my design and saved. LabView now refuses to open the design, reporting Memory Full, Load error code 1 and Load error code %ld:%p. Given this has effectively destroyed my entire design, I am keen to find a way to recover something.

The design is not large enough to get even close to using the available memory. I've tried the obvious rebooting the PC, but beyond that, I can't think of much I can do as I can't even get into the VI. Does anyone know of any way to recover the design?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,243 Views)

Can you post it?  I've seen folks do amazing things here with corrupted files.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,237 Views)

Here is the corrupt design (SLX-III Development GUI). In case anyone knows how to breath some life into it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,228 Views)

Hi Stu

I've taken a look at the VI but I can't seem to open it either. I don't know of any way to extract useful data from the file.

It seems like you will most likely need to revert to a previous version of the file if available.

Do you know the sequence of events which caused the file to become corrupted?

Kind Regards

Chris | Applications Engineer NIUK
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,191 Views)

The cause could have been one of many things, but last things I did was edit a cluster of numeric indicators to change the units from 'C' to 'Cdeg' (mistakenly thought C was centrigrade). To do this I just changed the C to Cdeg on the unit after the numeric display. My design then uses a VI server ref and Value property note to write a value into the cluster element. I also changed the unit conversion in generating the number to write to Cdeg (so it matched what the element expected). After doing this, although the units matched, an error was reported. Instead of dragging the numeric out of the cluster and then putting it back to clear the false error (something I've found to work in the past). I thought I'd try saving and reopening to see if this would force the tools to revaluate the design and confirm there is no error (works on some other tools I use). My thinking was this would save having to regenerate assignments to the element, since these would be lost when removed from the cluster.

The design was hence reporting an error when saved (something I don't usually do, but I'd have thought not too uncommon). It was when I tried to re-open the design, that it failed to open.

My last back-up was 3 weeks ago, but I've managed to re-implement most of the changes (or at least those I can remember making).

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,180 Views)