LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView program for USB-1616HS-4 as SPI controller

I am new to using LabView with hardware. I am trying to use USB-1616HS-4 (datasheet attached) as SPI controller to control one of my device. I would like to use it to control Data in, Data out, Clock and Latch signals using LabView. The datasheet says there is a ULx LabView library for this USB-1616HS-4 device. I am not sure from where to start and how will the LabView program look like.

Any help is much appreciated.

Many thanks,
-Moe
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(647 Views)

For everybody else, a reference to your device: https://www.mccdaq.com/usb-data-acquisition/USB-1616HS-Series.aspx 

Personally, I would just get a USB-8452.  This device is made specifically for I2C and SPI interfaces.  It also has a pretty simple driver that does the SPI stuff for you, with examples.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(638 Views)

I would also recommend USB-8452, it saves you a lot of time in implementing the protocol using a generic DIO and gets you up and running right out of the box.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(609 Views)