cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView program for Lock-in-amp

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have to read the voltage from a Lock-In-Amp and on the other hand read the magnetic field from a gaussmeter, simultaneously. After that I should  plot a graph of voltage  respect to the field. Please give me some advice to write a proper program with LabView to do the explained aim.

Bests,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,547 Views)

How are you planning to read the signals?  Do the Lock-In-Amp and gaussmeter have serial port connections that you can read?  Do you need sensors so that you can use a DAQ to read the signals?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,541 Views)

Thank you for your reply,

Actually Lock-In-Amp and gaussmeter are connected to computer by USB port.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,504 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author hadi1989

The actual program to read from the equipment is completely dependent on the hardware you have.  What commands do you have to send?  In what format is the data returned? Your next step is to 1) check with the manufacturer to see if LabVIEW drivers are available or 2) determine how to communicate properly with the hardware.

after you are able to read a value from each device, the next step is to place these in a loop and wire to a graph.  (loops are graphs are fundamental and there are plenty of built-in examples).

Now another question; you said you are graphing voltage versus magnetic field so how is the field controlled?  Do you also need to add control of the magnetic field?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,494 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author hadi1989

Start from two separate programs: one to read from Lock-In , second to read from gaussmeter.

Check in manuals for both how can you synchronize readings.

If both will work correct separately try to run them in parallel at single diagram.

Regards
Mikrobi (Zbigniew St. Sobków)____________________________________________________________
"You can lead a horse to water, but if you can get him to float on his back you've got something."
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,488 Views)