LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView installer problem : undetected CRIO in MAX

Hello,

I'm working on a data acquisition project in LabView 2010 SP1 composed by a LabView Host program (XP SP3 PC) and a CRIO acquisition module. They communicate together through Shared Variables and Network Streaming.

I made an installer of my Host project composed by: runtime 2010 SP1, MAX, NI-RIO 3.6.0 driver and Microsoft Silverlight .

I created this installer on my Dev PC and installed it to a Client PC (see the joint image). The whole program works on the Client PC and the data exchange (Shared Variables and Network Streaming) is OK.

The problem is that the CRIO is not detected by MAX in Remote Devices. On the other hand, when I use the NI Network Browser, it works well (it detects the CRIO).

The other problem is that, even if I have installed the NI-RIO 3.6.0 driver, the RIO Device Setup is not present on the Client PC.

If I install all the standard drivers from the NI device Drivers DVD, it installs everything and then the CRIO is well detected and the RIO Device Setup is also installed.

My conclusion is that I haven't included all the necessary packages in my installer.

What are the necessary components to install in order to have:

• the CRIO fully detected
  • the RIO device setup installed

Must I also install some DAQmx components ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,438 Views)

Have you thought of exporting the configuration and importing into your target machine? Are you on the same subnet mask on the client machine. If not, there is a good chance you might need to do the export and import method. Check your gateway configuration for the client PC.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,423 Views)

I haven't tried the configuration export yet, I will try it know.

The client machine and the CRIO are on the same subnet. As said befor I can access the CRIO trought the recent web interface (NI Network Browser) without any problem.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,420 Views)

There is a difference between a network and subnet. I have a similiar problem where I can see the device but can not configure it. You can tell if you are on the same subnet by retireving the ip address for the client and get the subnet mask of the client machine. The example is the following:

client machine ip address 192.168.20.37 subnet mask 255.255.255.0

CRIO machine 192.168.22.15

They are not on the same subnet. If subnet is 255.255.0.0 it is on the same subnet.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,416 Views)

In my case :

The address of the CRIO is:                                      192.168.1.21

The address of the Client PC is:                                192.168.1.8

The subnet mask on the Client PC is :                       255.255.255.0

The default gateway on the Client PC is :                   192.168.1.1

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,413 Views)