LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView communcation with rs485

I have a labview 2012. Now i try communicate with schneider electric em1200 through rs485 protocol. I do the program. But it show what we give to write buffer. please any one help me. how to program. front panel.PNGblock diagram.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(5,792 Views)

What brand/type of RS-485 port do you have?  Is it 2-wire?  You might be seeing the local echo of what you wrote out.  Good RS-485 ports set for 2-wire mode have a means to filter out the data they are sending from arriving on the receive buffers.

Your communication looks odd.  It looks like hex, but you sent 19 bytes that are 16 hex digits (0-9,A-F) and 3 spaces.  Most devices would use true binary data.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(5,774 Views)

Also, the device may require some sort of terminator to inform it to process the command (0x0D or 0x0A).

Help the Community (and future reviewers) by marking posts as follows:
If it helped - KUDOS
If it answers the issue - SOLUTION
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(5,760 Views)

i have a b&b electronic brand RS485. It a 2 wire system. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(5,755 Views)

I've used a few of their products and never had a problem.  Double check the instruction manual for your device.  See if it requires and termination resistors that have not been installed.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(5,707 Views)

hi sir,

can you give some example program for it.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(5,696 Views)

hi sir,

i have another program  using plasmionique modbus master library. in that follow error will occured. i attached photo for your reference.plasmionique pro.PNGplasmionique error.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(5,693 Views)

hi,

the above program i get another error. i search error code in labview knowledge base there is no solution. please any one help me. i attach the error.loced error.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(5,662 Views)

hi 

they above problem has been solved. but in running time data not displayed respect to particular address. data send and receive indication show in modbus cable. i attach the program, please any one help me.program.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(5,647 Views)

in Modbus communication i get the CRC\LRC error.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(5,610 Views)