LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView and Windows 11

I have installed Windows 11 (Eng) and LabView 2019 as well. The problem is about the saved language name of vi's. Labview can not open saved vi's with a Greek name, also can not open a vi with English name which is saved to a path that includes a Greek folder name. Any Solution?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,119 Views)

LabVIEW is an ANSI application. That means that all its strings and paths need to be representable in the locale ANSI codepage that your computer is set to. Change your regional settings to be for Greece and then you can use file paths that contain Greek symbols.

This is not Windows 11 specific. You never could access files that contained letters that were not part of the current ANSI locale codepage set in Windows. Until LabVIEW learns to use Unicode filenames this will remain the case. And it's probably 1 to 2 years before that happens.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,116 Views)

Thanks a lot Rolf. The language and region was labeled as Greece, so I had to change the "Language for non-Unicode Programs" to Greece, from "Administrative language setting menu".

Dimitris

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,101 Views)

@DimitrisTsip wrote:

Thanks a lot Rolf. The language and region was labeled as Greece, so I had to change the "Language for non-Unicode Programs" to Greece, from "Administrative language setting menu".

Dimitris

Did they separate that in Windows 11 from the regional selection? That sounds like a totally awful choice to me.

Or maybe it's intentional: Punish those lazy programmers who haven't moved to use Unicode APIs yet!!

After all it is only about 25 years ago, since Window's official API changed to full Unicode (with an ANSI compatibility layer for old programs).

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,097 Views)