LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView Version 6 vi not able to see Block Diagram. All the menus are hidden

Hello,

Does any one know how to make the Block Diagram seen? also all the menus are hidden in the vi attached here. It is a program developed long back and I want to make some changes on the blocks.

Thanks,

Stone

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(922 Views)

Opened in 2020, I can see all menus and diagram because the VI is broken (missing drivers). In your case, it is set to "run when opened" and pressing "exit program" will close LabVIEW.

Open a new VI and place your VI on the diagram. Then double-click it to open. This should open it in edit mode. It will also open in edit mode when opened from within a project.

Now spend a few month do clean up the code. It's not pretty. 😄

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(908 Views)

Hi,

@altenbach wrote:

Now spend a few month do clean up the code. It's not pretty. 😄

I like this part:

While there is that "EXIT" node you still need to stop all other loops using the "Exit program" local variables.

And this very creative way to convert an integer into a bunch of boolean values (with a lot of coercion dots) is definitely Rube-Goldberg… 😄

(Not in this image: using locals is considered "bad behaviour", so let's use "Value" property nodes instead!)

On the other hand the creator of that VI tried to minimize memory footprint by using (scalar) SGL datatype instead of DBL…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(884 Views)