From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView UI : Sending and Retrieving from TS Sequences

Hi Everyone, hope you're fine. 

Well i've developed some TestStand Sequences, and now i need to create a LabView UI, this UI will call the TestStand sequences, but first i need to get Information from the User and then send it to TS Seqs, the question is how this can be done? cause i've just started this and i really don't know how to proceed. I may also need retrieving results from Seqs execution.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,637 Views)

There are several different ways you could accomplish this.

If you want a TestStand based solution you would use the "Get Property Value" and "Set Property Value" vis.

Alternatively, if you want a LabVIEW based solution you can create a FGV / Action Engine and call it from within your TestStand sequence.

There are other options (Queues, notifiers, etc) but those are my two preferred methods.  Perhaps if you give a bit more detail of what you are trying to accomplish and why we could recommend a specific solution.

Message 2 of 3
(1,621 Views)

Thank you so much for your response.

Actually what i am trying to do is create a LabView UI which is going to call Sequences that i developed, those sequences are going to do some retrieving from files, well to do that i need the user to pass the path to the LV UI, the UI will pass the path to the Global Variable Path of the sequence, and then the sequence will start it tests, and depending on the results i'll be able to get back that results to the UI. I don't know if it's possible to do it exactly this way or not. 

You said that i need to include something to the Sequence, is there any solution where i cannot modify the TS Seqs ? i've read about the TS API for LabView but i don't know if it's going to help.

Thank you again 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,575 Views)