From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView Traffic Light signal processing and measurement

I guess it's about time for some advice.  the first thing you should do is talk to you your users and see what they would like displayed when they would like it displayed and how they would like it displayed.  once you have those questions answered you can design a system that can get the information that the user wants and display it in a manner that is convenient for the user.  

That is some very good advice. Without knowing what the user expects you cannot design a system that meets their requirements

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(209 Views)

@Labi2501 wrote:

How to do that? Any advice or example?

Well my advice is you need to talk to your instructor and figure out what exactly your assignment is and you need to better explain what you hope to achieve before we can help.

Because your original post:

---

@Labi2501 wrote:

I have a student project with traffic light.I want to process it's signal and measure it.

---

Makes no sense in the context of how a traffic light works, so I don't think we understand what you are asking...

So lets forget about the LabVIEW program you found, think about an actual traffic light and how it works...

What do you expect to measure?

Do you want to measure the time between light sequences?

Do you want to measure the brightness of the traffic lights?

Do you want to measure the color purity of the traffic lights?

What signal processing? What signal? The traffic signal?

The only "processing" that is happening in a traffic light is boolean indicators (traffic lights) responding to a timer (light sequence) and boolean inputs (lane sensors).

Understand why we are confused?

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
Message 12 of 12
(196 Views)