LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView DAQmx multiple triggers and specified digital output.

Good afternoon everyone!

I've started working with DAQmx module and instruments (card PCIe-6321 and input module BNC-2110). However, I could figure out how to solve the following problem with double trigger.

There are 2 digital triggers: a slow one (aperiodic siganl with width ~0.2s and a periodic one with 50Hz).

I need to generate a certain analog waveform within the 1st trigger with a respective delay and be synchronized with 50Hz signal. After that retrigger output with the next pulse from 1st signal (see graphical representation of the idea). 

In addition I would like to generate a digital signal during my analog output (which I still cannot do since I have not fully understand digital waveform/digital write principle).

It is obviously not a problem to make a single trigger like in LV Examples. I tried to connect DAQmx Trigger VI (and property nodes) in series but the task only gets the info from the last Trigger+Property node. Is there a chance to solve it using only my set of hardware? Would be happy if you can write me a link to already existing solution since I have not found one.

Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,833 Views)

You've given a pretty good description but a few more details will help.  At my present level of understanding this seems likely tricky but doable, though possibly only 90-99% reliable about reacting to every expected triggering sequence.  My ideas so far include a software-reaction-time segment to detect task end and then restart.

- what is the shortest time period between "slow triggers" that you need to support?  Nominal is ~0.2 sec, what's the minimum?

- what's the maximum amount of delay and idle time you need to support?  This would be the sum of delay1 + delay2 + 20 msec (one 50 Hz cycle).

- what timing specs do you have for the AO (and later DO) that you need to generate?   Mainly, what sampling rate(s)?  What duration?   (Note: let's focus on AO.  That solution will almost certainly extend similarly, if not identically, for DO.)

- how crucial is it to react to every slow trigger?  How bad is it to miss occasionally if software reaction timing isn't always fast enough?

- Are the slow and fast triggering signals independent of one another, and both coming from some external source(s)?

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,782 Views)