LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView Charts for Accelerometer Data

Hello All,

I'm working with LabView to stream data from an accelerometer to display signals from the x-axis, y-axis, and z-axis. I''m curious as to know which chart/graph should I use to be able to plot these points from the x-axis, y-axis, and z-axis. If I need to create a code to the graph, how do I go about doing so? Thanks in advance

Theopolis

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,314 Views)

@Theopolis wrote:

Hello All,

I'm working with LabView to stream data from an accelerometer to display signals from the x-axis, y-axis, and z-axis. I''m curious as to know which chart/graph should I use to be able to plot these points from the x-axis, y-axis, and z-axis. If I need to create a code to the graph, how do I go about doing so? Thanks in advance

Be specific with your question . Using which device you are goin to measure the Accelerometer data???

If your going measure using a DAQ See to the link http://www.ni.com/example/31407/en/

which explains the process clearly.

Hope this helps 

Kudos Welcome 😄

Certified-LabVIEW-Associate-Dev_rgb (2).jpg

Certified LabVIEW Developer
Best LabVIEW Programmer @NIDAYS 2015
Message 2 of 6
(4,292 Views)

How about 3D Line plot graph FP->Graph->3D Graph->Line Graph ?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,272 Views)

A graph only shows the last thing you wrote to it.  A chart keeps a history and adds to what is displayed.  My guess is that you just want a standard chart, assuming you are continuously reading the accelerometers in a loop.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,269 Views)

Sure, yet there's always posibility to store previous values in shift register (3D line plot graph seems to be easy-to-use tool for this application) 😉

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,265 Views)

I just helped some students do exactly this -- it was much easier to help them because they brought (and showed me) their code so I could (a) tell what they already knew how to do, (b) interrogate their code (they were using Express VIs, so most of the details were "hidden") to see their sampling rate, sampling method, number of points, etc., and (c) see how they were processing the data that they had.

They'd figured out how to plot X, Y, and Z on the graph, but they also wanted to compute the magnitude of the acceleration 3D vector and plot that as well.  Not too difficult.

If you do decide to show us your code, be sure to attach VIs, not pictures of the Front Panel and Block Diagram (it's very difficult to press a button on a picture of a Front Panel, or to expand Express VIs on a picture of a Block Diagram).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,237 Views)