From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView Bluetooth Issue - example works on Win7 but hangs on Win10

I am trying to run the Simple Bluetooth.lvprog LabView example included in LV2015. One machine I have is a Win 7 64-bit PC. I run the server app on that and the client app is run on a Win7 Embedded 32-bit machine. All works perfectly between these two. The problem comes when I try to run the server on a Win10 64-bit PC. The Win10 PC hangs at the "Wait On Listener" VI when the client (on the same Win7 Embedded machine) tries to connect. The only way I have found to get it out of the hang is to kill the process. Note that the Bluetooth hardware is different on the Win7 and Win10 PC's but both use the same Broadcomm chipset and drivers so I do not think this is a hardware/driver issue. I have looked at the Windows Bluetooth settings between the Win7 and Win10 PC's but don't see any differences. Has anyone run into this issue? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,747 Views)

Hello orange68,

Unfortunately LabVIEW 2015 is not supported on Windows 10. Please refer to this link as a reference.

http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/53409/en/

This may be a reason why the hang is only observed on Windows 10.

Malkolm A.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,703 Views)